SEGAL-type devices are side opening type three-phase and single phase rotary disconnectors for substation or transmission line installations with operating mechanism. They are manufactured according to IEC 62271-1.
Advantages and construction details:
- Sturdy design and hot dip galvanized steel chassis.
- Disconnecting actually visible to the operator, which provides great security.
- Economic cost compared to more advanced technology solutions.
- Use of quality galvanizad parts and bearings for longer life.
- Silver coated copper contacts and blades that improves the electrical characteristics and allow better performance in high pollution environments.
- Particular applications for outgoing lines on substations.
- Operating mechanism with head driver, and different accessories for different types of assembly, in substation structures or towers.
Main applications: Control and isolation as well as overcurrent protection in substations and power transmission equipment, overhead transmission lines, overhead to undeground connections, for preventive and corrective maintenance. Special applications for 24KV or 36 KV outgoing lines on substations which require a reliable, inexpensive solution.
Range: from 1 KV to 36 KV with currents up to 1250 A.
- Creepage distances levels I to III, according to IEC.
- Key lock on head driver.
- Interlocking with other devices with key-lock.
- Possibility of incorporate signaling auxiliary contacts open-closed.